Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

False Accusations

Today I was complaining that Trixie was stinky. Dogs do smell like dogs, so that is not surprising, but this smell was more like urine, not my dogs' regular aroma. Not exactly like it, but similar. It was cool and a bit drizzly, though, so I didn't want to give her a bath. I like to bathe her on sunny days when she'll dry quickly.

When I was getting ready for bed, I noticed the smell again, and was thinking, "Ew, did she have an accident in my room?" I looked all around, but did not detect anything.

As I'm climbing into bed, I realize I am still wearing this bug repellent patch I put on yesterday. I pull it off, and - yup, that is what I've been smelling all day. I just thought it was Trix because she was on my lap all afternoon, and the patch was on my thigh. So this is a public apology to Trixie, who will not care at all that she was falsely accused of being stinky or of having an accident in the house.

In case you are wondering, I still got mosquito bites while wearing this patch. I may have got less than usual, considering I was outdoors much of the day and at night for the fireworks, but it's hard to tell. I'm usually the person that gets eaten alive while others barely are bit, and I only got three bites all day. I can say that the patch was almost invisible and quite comfortable. I did not notice the smell yesterday, so I'm guessing it built up over time?

No comments: