Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lemonade

If you've ever lived in and renovated an old house, you know about living in a work in progress. My friend, the one I mentioned yesterday, lives in such a house. I wanted to share a photo of her, but, honestly, the one I took turned out so awful that I would have been a mean girl to show it.

Instead I'm sharing this one, which probably tells you more about her. It's a wall in her kitchen, her yet to be renovated, not high on the list, kitchen. It's a spot next to the fridge, not far above eye level where the plaster has come off and the lathe boards are exposed. What could have been a constant eyesore, she made into a niche that catches your eye and delights it.

2 comments:

TexasHeather said...

oh, too cute! How very, very clever.

Tig said...

Love the birdie!