Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wii Fit Wednesday

Sorry, no photos of me on the Wii.

This is my Wii Fit status, especially for Heather:

I'm about ready to give up on the yoga portion. I really cannot tell what I am supposed to be doing or how it should feel. I think I'd need an actual, not virtual, instructor to show me what to do. I have - I don't know when - lost the ability to stand on one leg. So for all those one-legged poses, I cheat. Even then, the Wii comments on my wobbliness.

The balance games are my favorite. I finally got my bubble down the river! I like the one that is like one of those games with the balls and the holes. The soccer thing just confuses me. Same with snowboarding. The ski jump seems arbitrary; I either fail at takeoff or do pretty well.

The aerobics exhaust me because I am so out of shape, but I do them anyway. I think my posture is really bad on the hula hoop, and it makes my thighs feel wobbly. I hate to run, so even the little jog is torture; I can't figure out how that one scores. Is it how fast you run? How consistent a pace? The step thingie always tells me I have no sense of rhythm; sometimes it says I'm too fast, others too slow. Oh well, knew that.

The strength training is another that I am pretty certain I'm doing wrong. With that and the yoga, the Wii will comment on feeling certain muscles working, but I don't. So I must be doing them wrong.

I don't know why, but I like the Wii Fit even though I am truly inept at it and confused by it. I only play with it a couple times a week.

3 comments:

TexasHeather said...

You sound much like me! I did finally try the river, and eventually I made it. Only because my boys would NOT let me give up.

The run scores on how consistent -- if you are too fast, and outpace your guide, low score. If you are inconsistent, low score. If you find a steady pace, you can get over 100%! Still, I don't do it much.

The step -- I also have no rhythm. Oh well; it does a good work out even when I score low.

Yoga/strength - keep trying! You really, truly will improve. Or, look at what it says you are supposed to be strengthening (when you click the pose, and it says "this strengthens your back..." or whatever) and only do those that target whichever area you want to target. Then do the strength training pose that coordinates to 'complete this workout!"

ignore the scores you get, start slowly, and over time (like a month or so) watch your scores steadily improve and your muscles tone up and what-not.

Wish I could be there to help you with this in person!!! Wouldn't that be fun?!

(oh, you don't have to post this, just read it....)

TexasHeather said...

Eek! That was long! Sorry!!! I thought you had comment moderation!

In any case, it was fun to see a post "just for me" and I hope you are encouraged, and I'm glad you enjoy it even if you are, like me, bad at it.

Jennifer said...

That is good to know about the steady pace. My daughter's score is 100, but when I asked her, she had no idea how she improved her score. She is naturally Wii talented, unlike me.

I'm going to try to update about the Wii on Wednesdays, just because of the W's.