Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

The Geek Beacon

Now that I've given my son his new hat, I can show it here. I call it the Geek Beacon because I wish that when he wears it, other fans of MST3000* will see it and maybe introduce themselves to my son. Isn't that what we look for in friends - people who are the same kind of geeky as we are?




Of course, my son is really tall, and unless the other fans are really, really tall, they won't be able to see the robots well enough to recognize them. Maybe they'll spot him when he is sitting down, wearing a hat - like that ever happens. Oh, well, he likes it!

*MST3000 = Mystery Science Theater 3000, a show where a guy and two robots watch bad B-movies and heckle them. In case you didn't know.

(What do you think of my self portrait? I've discovered that in the bathrooms, I can look at the camera viewer in the mirror and get a better framed shot.)

3 comments:

TexasHeather said...

Love it! I can't believe there's a pattern out there for knitting robots into a hat....too funny! (Or am I just not quite geeky enough?)

Jennifer said...

You're not geeky enough. At least, you are not a knitting geek. Some knitter somewhere has charted a pattern for just about anything.

Vivian said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I really like the way you did the self portrait. I wouldn't have know it's a selft portrait if you didn't mention it. Too many staring-in-the-mirror-while-holding-camera shots out there (and I do that too!).