Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

No-labor day for some, labor day for one


I spent the day knitting. I can't show the finished item yet because the recipient may read my blog. However, this is the in process photo. It looked just like that - a tangled mess - most of the day. Intarsia is a pain in the butt. All those little balls of yarn, all those ends to be woven in.

My daughter spent the day reading Narnia books.

My younger son visited my older son.

My husband was the only one of us who used his day off to work. He spent the day fixing things around the house - the grill, the fence, a good but unsuccessful attempt at the dishwasher, and he mowed the lawn.

Yes, I do see the irony in the fact that the only one of us who is gainfully employed was the only one who worked on Labor Day.

1 comment:

TexasHeather said...

sounds like a good day all around, projects and all.