Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Things that grow


This is the little tree which we did not plant growing in our front yard. He has grown a good two feet this year. He was a little stick in the spring.









This is one of the three knockout roses we planted in the spring. It was about the size of the daisy next to it when we planted it. These are our greatest gardening success thus far. The usual survival rate for our plantings hovers around 50%.

And here is the cap sleeved vestie I began yesterday afternoon. It's now eight inches of a tube. Lovely, mindless knitting it has been.

My daughter herself has grown 3/4 of an inch since June, putting her just over 5 feet tall.

2 comments:

TexasHeather said...

Lovely! I have daisies just like that! And, my dad has that same type of rosebush in his Kelly Memory Garden. Just lovely!!!

Good work on the knitting.

Bogie said...

Hi Jennifer, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I'm not able to reply via email, so I thought I'd let you know that I replied to your comment. In short, don't let my one experience dissuade you from canning. I've had plenty of successes and only one batch that didn't go so well.