Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

"Good thing I like knitting."




That is what I tell myself when things don't work out, and I have to rip apart the work I've done. Like this hat.

I planned black and pink; then convinced myself that charcoal and pink would look better - more current, softer, etc. That might have been true looking at skeins of yarn, but it certainly is not true looking at the pattern as it works up.

There is not enough contrast between the colors, so the pink looks garish and the grey looks pale. In person, it also appears oddly blue up against the pink, which it does not seem at all alone on its skein.

I am going out to buy black yarn now.

6 comments:

TexasHeather said...

Well, the photo looks pretty good, but I'll take your word for it on the in-person assessment. Hope you find the perfect black, and that it works up better.

Karen (KayKay) said...

I agree - the photo looks good, but you can see it in person. Hope it works better this time!

Coloradolady said...

The untrained eye of mine thinks it looks great....I can not knit, so I have no idea other than what looks good to me! Nice work.

Jennifer said...

Truth be told, in the photograph, I think it looks fine, too. In person, though, take my word for it, the pink looks way too bright next the grey, which looks blue.

Lil Seesta said...

MY goodness -- I had no idea the effort this is taking!!

Jennifer said...

Oh, for me, only starting over again once is good! Almost everything has at least one false start, and many things get ripped back several times before I get them to my liking.