Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Indulgence


I bought this lovely little bowl at World Market this weekend. I went in to buy some food and snatch one of those gingersnaps on sample. (If you have not had them, go try one. They give free samples of them on weekends. Yum.) While there, I checked the clearance merchandise, because you never know. I spotted this celadon glazed rice bowl with elephants. Celadon and elephants at less than half price - how could I walk away from that?

I bought it, knowing it matches nothing in my house. Nothing. I am nevertheless unreasonably pleased with it.

Since buying one bowl that matches nothing in my house was already an indulgence, I decided to go all out and fill it with chocolate and keep it in my room. My own private stash displayed in celadon elephants.

2 comments:

TexasHeather said...

I think that's a perfect use for such a lovely bowl!

red said...

Oh you and your elephants.

Pavarotti would approve of that bowl.