Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving with Fred and Ginger

ATHIP continued today. My husband and I painted the door frames and the doors. We are not quite done, but should be tomorrow morning.

While we painted, I enjoyed listening to several Fred and Ginger movies. TCM had them on all day. George and Ira Gershwin. Jerome Kern. Irving Berlin. What's not to love?

For dinner, we went to Pete's, our favorite Greek place in the city. Usually, when we eat there, we either skip dessert because we are too full, or we share. Today, official day of overeating across the USA, we each had our own dessert.

My family laughed at me for photographing my baklava, but it is so huge! I just had to show you. I couldn't finish it, and I had boxed half my veggie moussaka trying to save room.


2 comments:

Lil Seesta said...

Man, usually I love baclava but always feel a little gipped on the portion but not at Pete's!! Wow! That is fantastic. I made pumpkin ice cream torte (lactose free) on graham cracker crust and it was pretty good!

Quentin&Heather said...

Yum! Can you believe I've never seen a single Fred & Ginger movie?? Hmmm. Might have to remedy that.

For dessert, we had milk shakes : ) Yum.