Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Art Gallery

This weekend we installed our new art gallery on the dining room wall. My plan is to have it being a rotating display of my daughter's artwork and whatever else I find that I want to display.




Only three of the frames currently are filled. Two are my daughter's work. The one of birch trees was a souvenir from a vacation to Acadia National Park. The sailboats came with the frames. Do you like the one that is sailing off the edge of the world?


I've had the idea for the gallery for a long time, but I could not find frames in they size, style, and price range that I wanted. So the wall has been blank for years.

Last week there was a coupon for Michael's for an addition 30% off on the 40% off frame sale. You might think this means the actual price would be 30% of the original price, but you would be wrong. It is 30% off the 60% price, so it is 42% of the original price.

2 comments:

red said...

I like it! Far nicer than most families 'refrigerator magnet' method of displaying their artwork. And that's a fantastic deal on frames.

TexasHeather said...

Looks good! That's a great way to display artwork, and you did a great job selecting frames. Your daughter's work is lovely as well.