Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Odds and Ends

Lucy and Samantha's tea party photos are unrelated to anything I will say, but aren't they cute?

My portion of ATHIP was finished on Monday. The last door frame was painted but not photographed. That one did my back in, because it is the one at the top of the basement stairs and required more stretching than I've done in a long while. My husband is, as I type, planing the last door. Then he has to drill the hole for the knob.

I got to hold two different (relatively) newborn boys this week. Bliss! They were both really quiet and snuggly for me, and both did that heart-melting smile in their sleep thing while I held them.

Two weeks from tomorrow I will be on route home for Christmas!!!!!

It snowed again and is beyond freezing outside, yet it is sunny.

Jebediah has developed a puzzling new habit of licking his dog bed. Bizarre.

I am experimenting with turning an old sweater into a tote bag. When I get it done, I'll share pictures.

I finally made something from SmittenKitchen, a cooking blog I read regularly: Moroccan spiced spaghetti squash. It was the best spaghetti squash I've ever made, and super easy.

The periwinkle sweater is on hold. I'm leaning towards taking the whole thing apart and starting over.

My husband and I are watching every episode of The Office (US version) on instant view Netflix. I think he is cheating and watching some while I'm asleep.

I finally saw the latest Star Trek movie. I liked it! Spock always made me sad, so I am super excited that he gets to be totally different in this alternate reality. We always knew he and Uhura liked each other, and now..........okay, I am a total romantic. When his dad said he'd married his mom because he loved her, I felt like, "YES!!!" because I always hated his earlier response of, "It seemed like the logical thing to do at the time."

My husband did not like the latest Star Trek.

I bought a curling iron, the big barrel kind. The difference in my hair may be imperceptible to anyone but me.

That's all I can think of for now.

2 comments:

red said...

I agree, the new star trek was good. It's a silly nerdish thing; but many fans refuse to accept any time someone remakes an old favorite.

Lil Seesta said...

I can't wait to see it but you know my husband - he hates musicals! hahaha (inside joke). PS - why did spock make you sad?

You should take some of The Office personality tests: I was a mix of Jim/Angela... perfect fit :)