Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

365-10 Trixie


Trixie likes to sit on the back of this chair to sunbathe.

Trixie's name suits her as perfectly as Jeb's does him. Officially, her name is Beatrix Potter, namesake of the famous author, illustrator, and naturalist. I'd wanted to get a dog for my daughter - a small but sturdy dog. After many trips to the shelters, we found our Trixie.

Trixie turned out to be nothing like we anticipated. First of all, she had no intention of being my daughter's dog. She was determined to be my dog. Secondly, she yaps more than any other terrier I've met. Thirdly, she took forever to housebreak and is still plagued by submissive urination issues.

My son turned Trixie into a belly rub addict like his Jeb.
Here she is begging for me to stop taking photos and rub her belly.

All of which makes her sound rather unlikeable. Not true. She is the sweetest, funniest little dog we ever could have wanted. Beatrix, it turns out, is a Latin name meaning "bringer of joy," and that is exactly what Trixie is! It is impossible not to laugh when Trixie is around. She is always up to something and is the most affectionate dog I've ever known. She is as happy to run around and play as she is to curl up on my lap.

Trixie loves to lick my husband. She also likes to squeeze in between us to remind him that she is mom's dog.

My blog was named for one of Trixie's pastimes, Kravitzing, ie, spying on the neighbors. She keeps her eye on everything and warns Jeb if intruders are approaching.

Trixie loves to attack this mountain lion and her moose.

(I cheated on this post; the small pictures were taken in Dec 2009.)

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Cute! Love her name!

TexasHeather said...

I love hearing more about Trixie like this!

Also - LOVE the photo of you and your hubby! So sweet!

Sarah said...

So glad she's bringing joy. Have you seen "Miss Potter"? It was an excellent movie...and appropriate for you to watch with your daughter...and of course, Trixie.

Missus Wookie said...

We visited BP's house on one of our BHFT's, lovely place. Princess has all her books on her iPod too.

That photo of her on the red background is my favourite - oh the pleading look :)

Jenn said...

Trixie is just too cute!!! I guess she thinks she is big stuff carrying that stuffed animal around.

dianne - bunny trails said...

She is so adorable. I love her name. :D

♥ Tamara ♥ said...

Trixie is darling! Thanks for the well wishes for my back this morning. They are appreciated.

Giovanna said...

I absolutely love the one of her on her back with her paws in front of her!!! Adorable!

Lil Seesta said...

If Trixie were ever to go on Match.com or eHarmony or other, you are all set. Caption for the sunbathing: "I'm an avid out-doorswoman" Caption for the red background: "But I have a softer side: Come hither" Caption for the mountain lion "Mountain lions or other wild cats need not apply"