Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

365-31 Airport: An End and a Beginning

This is the ceiling at the airport, from different angles.
Which shot do you like better?
My visit to the airport this evening marked the end of a different photography project. Last summer I began taking a photo every Sunday of our pastoral intern. These I emailed to his fiancee, who lived in England. I say lived, past tense, because this evening she arrived at our airport to stay! They will be married next month.

So my photo emailing project is over. I began it just thinking what fun it would be for her to get photos, but it was just as much a blessing to me. I enjoyed the email correspondence, getting to know the bride to be, praying for her throughout the INS process, just chatting. Tonight, I greeted a friend at the airport. What a wonderful beginning!

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Very cool! I love the repeating lines!

Amanda said...

Awesome shots!! Really nice! Love the lines and perspectives. You have a great eye.

TexasHeather said...

I definitely like the 2nd photo better for the ceiling.

The 1st photo, to me, is more of the lights, and is a very cool photo -- if there were a chair or something nearby that you could have stood on, to get more of the bottom and less of the ceiling, I think that would be an awesome photo. Or crop the top off a bit -- the lights leading down the pathway, to me, are a cool shot.

I like both, but for the ceiling, the 2nd is better. At least to me.

Kathy C. said...

I like them both, so it's tough to to say which one I like better. They both have distinctly differnt feels...cool tones in the first one are calming, like a nearly empty late night airport...the second one is warm and vibrant, as if it's the busiest time of the day. :)

Kathy C. said...

I like them both, so it's tough to to say which one I like better. They both have distinctly differnt feels...cool tones in the first one are calming, like a nearly empty late night airport...the second one is warm and vibrant, as if it's the busiest time of the day. :)

Katie said...

I really like the second one!! I think because it captures more of the windows and walls and gives the viewer a better idea of the space - plus, the warmer coloring makes it feel old to me, which I think is neat!

Giovanna said...

I like the first one cause pink is my favorite color! : )

☼¨`*•.♥RocĂ­o♥.•*¨`☼ said...

Wow I love them both...♥
Totally AWESOME!!!

♥ Tamara ♥ said...

Very nice photos and how neat to meet your friend that you have been corresponding with.

JRomamma said...

Beautiful Shots! I really like the second one = offers more perspective on how large this really is!

Kirstie H. said...

I really like them both, but if I had to pick I would choose the second.