Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Lumpy, Future Olympian


Not only is this Lumpy's first winter, but it is his first Olympics. He has never shown much interest in sporting events before, but this different. "It is international!" he repeats in awe. As those of you who know Lumpy have already guessed, he immediately began looking for athletes from two nations: Brazil and Switzerland. Sadly, he has seen no competitors from the "great nation of Brazil."

Switzerland has not disappointed him. Seven medals so far! Six for skiing. Can you guess what Lumpy has decided is "the most exciting sport ever?" Yes, skiing, in all its forms. He begged to be allowed to try it out for himself, convinced he would be "the best monkey skier in the world."

Never having seen another monkey on skis, I don't know whether this is true or not. He did manage to stay upright slightly more often than he fell over. I snapped these photos while cheering him on, "just like the moms at the Olympics."


7 comments:

MAAM said...

Look out Bode Miller 2014!!

TexasHeather said...

I am laughing so hard right now!!! Yay for Lumpy!!

Where did you find (read: how did you make) Lumpy sized skis & poles??? And boots?? So creative!!

I'm pretty sure Lumpy will need to wait for the next summer Olympics to find Brazilians participating -- not too much experience with winter sports here ; )

BUT, we are missing a monkey, so if you see a distant cousin or something of Lumpy's, wearing a yellow necktie with crayons on it, could you tell him he's sorely missed at home?? I'm hoping he didn't try to run away all the way to Lumpy's house...

(oh, and yep, 5 yrs already...I can't believe it either)

毛衣 said...

好好充實內在,空袋子是站不起來的。 ..................................................

Sarah said...

Go Lumpy! He is a better skier than I am. He makes me proud!

Ulla said...

Hurrah! If they had a monkey category in the olympics I'm sure Lumpy would win gold medals for skiing, any style and kind.
Raggedy Andy says hi!

♥ Tamara ♥ said...

LOL! Too cute :) He skis better than I do...LOL! Never been and I don't think with ruptured disks in my lower back that I ever will.

Kathy C. said...

LOLOL...I absolutely love this! How fun and creative. He looks like he's really got some talent there!