Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

The forecast for early spring is.....snow.

This was Tuesday evening's snow, on my neighbor's trees. It snowed all night and well into Wednesday, about a foot total. Spring snow here is the heaviest, wettest snow. (Winter snow is usually powdery.) Spring snow breaks tree limbs with its weight. We lost one ourselves this week, but, fortunately, it was on the scrubby shrubby tree, not the ones that provide us a little privacy in our yard.

More snow is supposed to be on its way tonight.

3 comments:

Kathy C. said...

Oh my goodness! This is so hard for me to fathom, as I sit here enjoying our sunny skies and warm weather... :)

Lil Seesta said...

Oh, temperate Denver!!! But it has to end soon, but, that's ridiculous! However, makes a beautiful picture no matter when.

Missus Wookie said...

Pretty - but ooooh I'm so glad we've not got snow!