Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

365-80

I love hats. I don't wear this one often because it flies off too easily in wind, and we get lots of wind. Today, it was drizzly, a bit on the cold side, and not at all windy, so I grabbed it.

Then I decided to do a quick self portrait, in the hold the camera out in front of my own face way that I adore. I don't know why, but I find taking my own picture in this way insanely amusing. The shoot at the mirror method doesn't entertain me at all, even though it probably works better. Anyway, here I am. I think this is my third self portrait for the year, but the first using my usual technique.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm with you on holding the camera in front of me to take a self portrait. I use that or the timer feature. Wish I had a remote!

Nice hat! Lovely pic.

Kathy C. said...

I like the timer thing too (like Amanda)...not so much into the mirror bit, I never look "ok", lol. I envy you being a hat wearer...you looks so adorable in it! I WISH I could wear them, but I just look weird, LOL

Missus Wookie said...

Nice hat, I like how it frames your face. I've tried both ways (plus the timer used yesterday) and am not sure which I prefer.

Tracy said...

LOL...well it's good one! Love the hat!

The Reader said...

the "hold the camera out" photos of me always look odd....I can't get it to not show my arm. So, Good Job!

And, love the hat!! You look lovely.