Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

365-89 Gluten free peanut butter cookies


Last Sunday, it was our turn to take refreshments to church. We have a couple families that are gluten intolerant, and I always like to have something for them to enjoy, too. Sweets are so beloved by me, I just hate to think of a little girl only being able to eat a banana while all the other children eat cake or cookies.

So I took a break from rice krispie treats and made these ridiculously easy cookies: 1 cup peanut butter, 1 scant cup sugar, 1 egg. That's it. Bake 10 minutes at 350. Makes 12-15 cookies. Easy to increase, too, which I did, six-fold.

A note: they will not look quite done at 10 minutes. They are. Let them sit on the pan a couple minutes before taking them off, and they won't fall apart. They will stay nicely chewy.

(I think next time I will reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup. They are not tooth-achingly sweet, but that really seems like a lot of sugar for a dozen cookies, doesn't it?)


7 comments:

Katie said...

I've made this recipe lots of times - mainly 'cause I was out of flour. But it is soooo yummy and rich!

Lynn said...

I must try that. It sounds too easy! Second photo of a dessert I've seen since, and I haven't had dinner yet. My mouth is watering. Nice plate too!

Tracy said...

YUM! My nephew is a Celiac as well. WILL try!

Amanda said...

Nice shot! They look DELICIOUS!!!!

ZenaT_Pinter2284 said...

你可以從外表的美來評論一朵花或一隻蝴蝶,但你不能這樣來評論一個人........................................

Jenn said...

Boy do these look delicious!!!!

Kathy C. said...

Yum! PB are my son's favorite.