Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Sewing Saturday

Saturday I pulled out my sewing machine and made a pair of matching skirts for Zippy and Tallulah. Lucy agreed to model one, and Lumpy just wanted to be in the picture.

I would like to say these were easy-peasy, but I am such a poor seamstress that I cannot. I can say that the second was more than twice as quickly done than the first, and that I was not so discouraged that I don't still plan to make a couple more things for the cousins before I pop these in the mail. Or not. Depending on my mood.




The little photo shows the tail opening. A necessity for an active monkey.

I did learn two important lessons: rethread the machine after making tension changes and don't try to sew self adhesive velcro. If those seem self-evident to you, you will now understand why it would take me hours to sew such a small and simple skirt.

2 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Looks cute and as i wouldn't have tried to sew a skirt like that I'm impressed :)

reepijoy said...

cuuuutttttttteeeeeeeee!