Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Blue and White Quilt Progress

I attempted to take photos of it outside this morning, but it was so windy today that the result was a quilt top speckled with mulch.  Maybe another day.

I finished piecing the top together last night.  I had a perfectionistic moment when I began sewing the horizontal strips together and realized that the squares were not aligned at every corner.  Not even close on a few.  It was then that I remembered that I should have trimmed each square before sewing them into strips.  I considered that I might need to take apart the strips and do that.

So I took a break and waited for the perfectionistic moment to pass.  It did.  There were a few corners that required a bit of fiddling, and a couple that I went back and re-seamed to make them a bit smaller.  Then everything came close enough to meeting at the corners, and that was okay by me.

Next I need to buy fabric to make the backing and bias trim.

12 comments:

Jessica S. said...

Beautiful quilt!!!!!!! Love the colors/patterns.

Ulla said...

This turned out just lovely, very fresh. Reminds me of some wonderful blue and white china.

Raymonde said...

Wow, this is a beautiful quilt!

I also like the rewamp of the blog by the way. Sorry if it has been up for a while, I am catching up with my blogger friends only now.

Have a beautiful Sunday Jennifer. xxx

Lynn said...

Very nice! I love the blue.

Giovanna said...

It looks marvelous darling!

Amanda said...

The colors are just perfect for a quilt!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Beautiful! You are so talented!

Jenn said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the color choice. Very clean looking.

Leslee said...

In just two days... you did this?? WOW! Where do I place my order??? HA!

I adore the colors!

The Reader said...

Wow, it's beautiful!!! And I also love the new look of the blog. The quilt is stunning, though. Truly stunning.

Katie said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Kathy C. said...

Lovely!!!