Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Canines are omnivores.

Mmm...mmmm....good.

I made an apple pie today, and shared the cores and peels with the dogs.  There were so many of them that Trixie couldn't finish her portion.  Fortunately, Jeb was more than happy to eat her leftovers.

Some people tell me their dogs do not like to eat fruit and veggies, but mine love most of them.  Only leafy and stringy things do they not eat, like lettuce and celery.


Whenever I am cutting up produce, they come running to the kitchen and stare at me until I'm done, just hoping for some treats.

Jeb likes to carry his snacks to the grass and eat them there.  It's funny to watch how different they are.  Jeb ate all his cores first, carrying each one to the grass, then ate all the peels.  Trixie just randomly ate until she was full.  Jeb does not know the meaning of full.  He eats until everything is gone.

7 comments:

knit1kids4 said...

Now I've never heard of that! Our dog loved popcorn (even the one we had when I was a kid). He would start drooling as soon he heard it popping!

Lynn said...

Neither have I heard of dogs loving veggies! The shot of Trixie licking her nose is priceless.

Jenn said...

My dog eats ANYTHING! She doesn't care if it is the actual apple or just the tree itself. HA! How funny that it was too much for Trixie to finish.

Sherry said...

LOL! Wow! I would never have thought.

-:- Tamara -:- said...

Too cute, to capture the dog licking his lips!!

Amanda said...

our dogs loved ice cream. They ate rice too

Leslee said...

Our lab loves corn cobs! She will eat apple cores, popcorn and chips but draws the line at grapes :-)