Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Five minute coloring craft

Never a fanatic for coloring within the lines or limiting myself to color realism, I, nevertheless, always have liked coloring books. So when I saw Amy Karol coloring toile and framing it, my interest was piqued....except, I don't really want framed toile hanging on my wall.

(This is a problem I often encounter with craftiness. I want to make things. I enjoy making things. I don't want the finished object. Once I tried unsuccessfully not to take home a mosaic stepping stone I'd made at a friend's craft and gab party. It was fun, really, but I don't want a broken plate mosaic stone in my garden. I hid it under my back steps and left it behind when I moved.)

The idea was there, though. When I recently checked out Franklin Habit's book of knitting cartoons, It Itches, I found something I wanted to color and display. My husband made the copies for me, and today I used my twistable crayolas and colored in my favorite. Then I popped in a $2.50 frame I bought on clearance at Target.

It makes me smile, because, yes, I do like to knit for Trixie. I've knit for dogs of friends, too. I have even toyed with the idea of knitting for Jeb, but he gives me a look that lets me know he wants no part of it. He would look awfully cute in a Charlie Brown style sweater, though.


2 comments:

Lynn said...

Ahh...what a great idea. These look fantastic.

士弘YajairaC_Tai0731 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.