Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mid May Snow :(


Snow is not something I want to see in May, but this is what we woke to this morning.

These two shots are in my back yard. As you can see, the trees in leaf are bent over by the weight of the snow. I was told when I moved here that the front yard had lost a tree to spring snow. I wonder if it looked like the scrubby, shrubby maple that you see above.

My daughter is out now, knocking as much snow as she can reach off the trees with a broom. If the sun comes out soon, it should melt quickly, and the trees should be okay. At least the big one should. The little one is still bent over on the ground. We'll have to wait and see if it bounces back.

10 comments:

Raymonde said...

Oh my word! This is so much as well. xxx

knit1kids4 said...

Wowzers! That is a lot of snow!

Lynn said...

We had this last week! I know how you feel! It shall pass. Nice white shots though!

Jenn said...

That is CRAZY!!!! I hope everything survives it.

Katie said...

Boo...snow in May is so unfair. :( I hope it melts quickly and your trees bounce back!!

Tracy said...

UGH!!!!!!! Run far AWAY!

Lil Seesta said...

I agree with Tracy!

Maria Berg said...

We did not have snow but the temperature was under 0 degrees Celsius, MB

Missus Wookie said...

ugh - hope your trees survive!

Amanda said...

that is just wrong! This has been one prolonged cold season!