Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Chalk Art Festival

After church and lunch today, we went to the Chalk Art Festival.  Blazing hot sun, several of the artists looked a bit burnt, but they were hard at work.  I found it as interesting to watch them create as I found the artwork itself.  Maybe, no, definitely, more.  It was fascinating.

I don't know if I took a photo of the winner, as the awards ceremony isn't until later this evening, but I did snap a few.
   
Notice how this artist's tattoo matches the colours in his painting?


This is a painting of the scary bright blue giant horse with red lights for eyes that is out by the airport.  This one seemed popular with the crowds, as this statue is often talked about.


The only artist I saw wearing rubber gloves.


I particularly liked this one.  Here, the artist is using a sponge to apply the black background.


It's a two day event; by this afternoon, most artists were nearing completion.


As I said, I found it fascinating to watch the artists at work.


Resting after the work is done.

5 comments:

Tig said...

Wow. Thank you for posting these pics. I like the "Girl With a Pearl Earring". The first one was wild, the one with the metal tube.

Jenn said...

Now that would be neat to go to! I would really enjoy that. Looks like there were lots of great artists there and lots of nice pictures.

Tracy said...

So cool!

Maria Berg said...

The last photo, "The girl with the pearl earing" I have just read the book!!!

Love that on did with the metal refection, so cool!

/MB

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Sadly, by the time I found out about this event, our weekend was too busy. I would LOVE to have come and seen it. I'm glad I can live somewhat vicariously through your photos. LOL!! These are so cool!