Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

365-154 Wild Ponies




One morning, we went to Assateague Island to see the wild ponies.

There are signs warning visitors to stay a bus length away from the ponies, but that's impossible when they wander over to a parking lot. (The signs say to get in your car, because the ponies may bite, but nobody can resist the chance for closer-ups of the ponies.)



None of the ponies seemed to pay attention to the people or cars, but they all darted off when they heard the garbage truck approach.

Fortunately, we saw four separate family groups, though none came as near to us as the first group did.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Those are some great shots! They are so beautiful looking animals.

Lynn said...

I've never seen wild ponies. They look leaner than the domestic ponies I've seen. I'd run away from a garbage trunk too!

Katia said...

Beautiful pictures. I agree great shots!

Katie said...

Wild ponies?! That's so cool. I'd be one of the "rule breakers" and getting as close to the ponies as I could...they are so cute, how can one resist?

Jenn said...

They are so pretty. So do they find their own food then since they are "wild"? Maybe that is why they look a little leaner. I would have been trying to pet one.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oh, how cool! :D

Tracy said...

So cool! I love the last shot!