Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

365-159 My ability to focus, or lack thereof


Every once in a while I get a nice shot, like that above, but most of them are blurry, like those below.  Focusing on things close to me is more likely to be successful than things that are a bit farther away.  More likely meaning I meet with occasional success.  None of the non-close ups have turned out in focus.  Yet.  I'll keep trying and keep sharing my progress, or lack of progress, depending on how it goes.

Everything, these flowers included, looked in focus when peering through the view finder.  It's only when I see them on the computer screen that I realize they are not.



Trixie was moving around, which made focusing even trickier, but Mater was standing still, so no excuse there.


Do others who wear glasses have trouble looking through the view finder?  I'm wondering if my inability to press my eyeball into the cup thingie is a factor.  I'm perfectly willing to accept that it is unrelated, but just wondered about others' experiences.

7 comments:

Mom2Da'Gorgeouses said...

I wear contacts ALL the time right up until I go to bed, so I can't help you w/ the glasses/focus thing. But I can tell you that there are days where a lot of pictures I take seem out of focus when I look @ them in the computer---I just chalk it up to "old lady" shaking---LOL!!

Hugs & Blessings!

Katia said...

I love the first one, it's color is so soothing, since I have had a bad migraine all day.
I need reading glasses , so when I need to change a setting on my camera, half of the time I don't have them, especially when the sun is shinning.
Blessing to you my friend,
Katia

knit1kids4 said...

That shot is amazing! No help on the glasses though... don't wear them.

Giovanna said...

I only wear contacts, I can't stand wearing my glasses! I am sure you will get there, I think there is a learning curve to everything : )
Your first shot is beautiful, focus (no pun intended) on the good things about it, not what you struggle with.

Lynn said...

I've been having the same problem. But I think I'm just getting pickier about my photos too, which is a good thing! Sometimes wind plays a factor. In close ups, the tiniest breeze can blow a bloom out of focus. I plan to study up on focus, including the focal points in my camera, and see if that helps.

But you're pictures are still really good!

Jenn said...

That top one is just great!!! You know what I think?!?!? And I could be wrong..but...I don't think anyone is just always getting perfectly focused pictures. I can take 10 pics of the same thing and only one or two will come out like I like it.

As far as the glasses...I wear contacts. Wish I could have helped a little better with that one.

Missus Wookie said...

I don't have any advice, I wear glasses and figure no one gets in focus especially for flowers. I often hold them to stop wind blowing and just take several hoping one is in focus.

Have been told there are things that you can add to the camera viewfinder to help but haven't looked into it (pun intended :) )