Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

365-165


My ability to focus is improving, but has a long way to go.  I'm not sure why I keep trying to focus on bees when I still can't focus reliably on a flower, but I do.  (I even tried focusing on bees in motion today, with, let's say, interestingly blurry results.)  This was taken at the botanical gardens, which was buzzing with bees this morning.  Every flower seemed to have a bee.  This little guy's legs are covered in pollen.

After posting the original shot, I decided to crop it to enlarge the bee in case you don't feel like clicking on it to see the pollen up close.  This little one is how it looked out of the camera.  I don't have a zoomie enough lens to have shot the bee looking like it does above.

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Really like the colour contrast, and the bee is really sharp. The focus looks good to me! I've been having trouble focusing too lately. Can I blame the lens?? Always nice to be able to blame the equipment rather than the user!

Candi said...

Great crop!

Katia said...

Jennifer, this is beautiful!!!!! I think you did a great job on the focus and the bee. I can't do much with my camera's focus either, but we will keep enjoying and trying.
I enjoy looking at your beautiful pictures.
Blessings,
katia

Tracy said...

Great shot!

Missus Wookie said...

Great shot and it made me smile... the shot I'm about to post could match this!

Kristal@knit1kids4.wordpress.com said...

Fab shot!

Branch Of Wisdom said...

Gorgeous shot! ...I'm soo scared of bees though.

Jenn said...

Fabulous focus!!!! If I tried to crop my pics that close, they would probably be blurry. Great job!

Giovanna said...

awesome picture!!!!

Amanda said...

Beautiful shot. Really like how you can see the pollen on the legs.

Katie said...

Looks pretty awesome to me! I love the composition!