Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

He measured up to hero size today.

 
Calvin Coolidge once said, 
"Heroism is not only in the man, but in the occasion."

This morning, my eldest son and I went to free day at the Nature and Science museum. While I was taking a picture of a whale skeleton suspended over my head, I heard a child scream. I looked over and saw my son running towards the escalator where a little girl, maybe 3 or 4 years old, had fallen backward. She was flat on her back, feet above, head down, sliding/rolling downward, long hair dangling towards the teeth at the bottom of the escalator. Her mom was about 10 steps above her, literally frozen in place, staring at her screaming daughter as she held onto the stroller with her younger child in it. My son scooped her up and took her up to her mom.  Amazingly, she did not appear to be hurt.  Only scared.

I don't know whether or not that mom thanked God for placing my son there to rescue her little girl, but I did.  And I thank Him everyday for giving him to me.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Reader said...

Wow. Isn't that a truly wonderful mom moment. So glad your son was there to help that little girl, and yes, I'm sure the mom was insanely grateful.

Hero indeed.

Amanda said...

He is absolutely a hero! That mom will definitely be grateful! Hopefully, she's a praying mom and thanked God for her child's rescuer.

Missus Wookie said...

So glad he was there and acted! Definitely measured up :)

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

That's awesome!! Praise God for your son. :D