Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Laptops live in dog years.

Apparently, I am told, six is old for a laptop.  I guess it's like dog years, and it's not "only six years old;" it's, "Wow! Six years old - that's 42 in dog years!"  So that explains it.  My laptop is 42 years old and will not be coaxed into connecting to the internet anymore.  I've seen this coming.  For the past several months, it has been increasingly dropping the connection and requiring me to manually re-connect to the router.  A minor bother until it became an every couple minutes thing, but still, it worked, even if inconveniently.  This week, however, it decided enough is enough and requested retirement benefits.

I've really enjoyed my sweet little laptop, and do not want to replace it.  More because of cost than sentiment.  I'm hoping my husband will know some miracle cure for it, but he seems inclined to acquiesce to the retirement demands.

So no photos from the past few days, because they are on the laptop, which is not on speaking terms with the modem.

7 comments:

Leslee said...

Aaaaack! What a bummer... Hopefully you can recapture your photos!!

Smita Srivastava said...

Beautiful clicks !! The cosmos flower click is wonderful !!


- Smita
http://www.littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com/
( food ideas for picky lil eaters )

Katie said...

LOL - that was funny, but not funny at the same time. Surely some company could make a laptop that doesn't die so early! I don't think 6 years is a very long time, but it does explain why ours is quickly turning to a piece of junk!

red said...

for as much as it counts; all of the computers have been having some problems lately. The desktop downstairs keeps losing it's IP address or something. The Wii I need to fiddle with some more. And things have been really slow on my laptop.

Missus Wookie said...

Ugh on the laptop hassles, that is one thing I do love about our Macs, they seem to last longer than dh's pcs.

But if you get a new laptop you might get photo editing software bundled in :)

Jennifer said...

Missus Wookie, my laptop is an apple.

Missus Wookie said...

Jennifer - you have good taste :) and I'm sorry your six year old Mac isn't behaving. My laptop is older than that and is o.k. wifi at least. But then I do have a Wookie looking after it I suppose...