Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

GoodReads

I joined Goodreads today, if you'd like to friend me.  I find it difficult to rate books or movies.  I think my sons are right:  I'm a tough grader.  So you might want to bear that in mind if you look at my ratings. 

If you are not familiar with GoodReads, it is a site for tracking what you've read, what you want to read, what your friends are reading, to read reviews, write reviews, all sorts of readerly goodness.  Several of my friends have won free advanced copies of books, too. 

2 comments:

red said...

She is. My personal method of deciding how good a movie is goes something like 'would my brother like it?' To decide if it's not just mindless action. 'Would I let my sister watch it?' to decide if it's appropriate. And then 'Would I reccomend it to Mom?' to decide if it's actually good.

Anything that makes it through those gets put into the last category 'Dad still thinks it's silly'

The Reader said...

LOL, Red, love the insight into your mom!

Checking out this Good Reads thing. Do you find it easy to keep up with?? I've been toying with the idea of how to list books I'm reading ever since you suggested it to me, but then all that good ole NF in your list has me intimidated : ) I do so enjoy seeing your list, though.

Maybe you should do a review of the site after you've used it a while : ) So we know if it's worth joining or not : )