Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

365-243

I've been wanting to get some good shots of prairie dogs.  They are all over the place around here.  They walk on the sidewalks near their fields.  I thought it would be simple enough to snap a few, but apparently they do not like cameras.  They all ran as soon as I took mine out.  I got this little fellow from the car.  He blinked, which makes him look like he's hiding, doesn't it?

The other difficulty I discovered is that the camera has trouble focusing on such a small creature that blends in so well with its surroundings.  It did better than my manual attempts, but any tips on focusing on far away small things will be appreciated.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

AWE!

Amanda said...

Great capture! He looks like he's taking a nap.

Missus Wookie said...

he looks as if he's sun bathing too.