Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

365-248 Nearing the finish line


My son is participating in NaNoWriMo.  National Novel Writing Month is a challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in one month, the month of November.  In its twelfth year, it draws participants from around the world.

This is my son's first year, and his first novel.  Usually, he writes short fiction.  There's a link to his blog in the upper right corner, if you want to peek.

What is my son's novel about?  I don't know.  I'm guessing it is within the science fantasy genre, as that is what he usually writes, but beyond that, no idea.  He's keeping it to himself until he is done.

Don't want to wait until next year to enter this challenge yourself?  Script Frenzy is coming up in April!   30 days, only 100 pages.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Best wishes to your son! I know a few bloggers taking on this tough challenge.

Tracy said...

Handsome boy!

Theresa in WV said...

Kudos to your son! I've seen a few Facebook friends posting about this. That's pretty industrious, imho!

red said...

I'd like to point out that I actually do like the way I look in this picture. As opposed to the previous two individuals you've shown who are either unaware of the fact that the internet exists(trixie), or just being goofy(dad).

This beard is doing wonders for my self-image.

Missus Wookie said...

We have friends who do this every year and a couple who do the Script Frenzy thing too. Hope Red finishes his novel - but even if not, congrats on attempting.

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Impressive! That's pretty awesome.