Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

365-268 Blanket 1



I knit this blanket back in November, but didn't photograph it until today.  It will be gifted to a gentleman in a nursing home.  It's a nice size for someone in a wheel chair.

I don't know the recipient.

We're in the process of starting a knit/crochet ministry group at church.  We've decided to set a long term goal of having a lap blanket for each participant of our church's nursing home ministry as a Christmas gift for 2011.  This is the first blanket toward that goal.  I'm going to try to finish one blanket per month for 2011.

This particular pattern is one I've knit many times, as gifts and for the Linus Project.  It is meditatively simple.  It is published in the Leisure Arts booklet, Quick Knit Keepsakes.

6 comments:

knit1kids4 said...

I love the blanket and the idea!

Amanda said...

Very nice! What a neat idea!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

That's so sweet. What a lovely blanket and ministry.

Tracy said...

So cute and comfy!

NotaSupermom said...

It's really nice! I like the simplicity of the pattern.

Missus Wookie said...

I like the goal and the idea of it being 'meditatively simple' :)