Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflecting on Resolution 2010

My resolution for 2010 was:

1. Be joyful always.
2. Pray without ceasing.
3. Give thanks in all circumstances.

For this is God's will for me in Jesus Christ.
(1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

2010 was the first I ever made a New Year's Resolution.  It really did help me keep my focus on being joyful and appreciative and prayerful no matter what came along.  Reminding myself that I cannot be robbed of joy by anything on earth has blessed me all year long.  Remembering that there is always reason to give thanks, that God wants to hear my prayers all the time.....amazing the difference it makes in how I've felt about the ups and downs of life.

I've been thinking for the past couple weeks that I should make a new one for this year.  Then I wonder if I want to move on.  Should I?  I know I won't leave joy-thankfulness-prayer behind, even if I choose another focus for the coming year.    So on the brink of 2011, I still haven't decided whether I should take on a new verse, or continue with this one, or both. 

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Those are some really nice and hard to keep resolutions. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Katia said...

I really liked reading of your last year's resolution. I don't make them, but this last year I had wished for some things to improve, so I felt really good to look back and see I had achieved some.
Happy New year dear friend.
(((hugs))
Katia

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

I love, love, love that verse. One of my very favorite! You could just continue with this until the Lord gives you something new.

Missus Wookie said...

I like to add things in and am not fussed about the Jan 1st bit. I like to take a word, although last year I took a collection. Then explore where that word takes me.