Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

I'd like to win this.

As you've probably noticed, I'm a wannabe when it comes to sewing.  I want to like sewing, but I don't usually.  I find it frustrating.  I read books and blogs about it, but somehow the knowledge doesn't make it from the page or screen to my hands.

One of the crafty/sewing blogs I read recently ran a tutorial series on sewing all sorts of pockets, and now, Ikat bag is having a giveaway.  The prize is a quilt made of all 26 pockets.  It's constructed with a removable backing, so the construction can be really seen and understood.

I can picture this hanging on my wall, holding things.  Perhaps inspiring me to put pockets in or on things.  Who doesn't need another pocket?  Doubly useful and pretty, too.  This blog post is my entry.  You're welcome to enter, too.  The giveaway ends Jan. 1st.

4 comments:

knit1kids4 said...

That is so cute.

My Mom sews. She is now teaching my daughter to sew. It skipped me. I just can't get into it.

Jan said...

I like that!

Missus Wookie said...

Fun idea and what a useful wall hanging too.

Amanda said...

That is a beautiful quilt! Love the colors and a great useful hanging for a craft area.