Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

TV Knitting


Lumpy is such a cute model, isn't he? 

Blanket 2 out of 12 done.  Same pattern leaflet as the last one, and like it, this is a pattern I've knit many times for charity. I love simple projects like this.

I've been knitting while watching Bones on netflix streaming with my husband.  Have you seen Bones?  I don't generally like crime dramas, while my husband loves them.  I prefer escapism in fiction, and crime shows tend to go for harsh reality.  Law and Order, his favorite for the past umpteen years, for example, it's very depressing to watch evil go unpunished.  Bones is totally unrealistic.  All the main characters are nice people with quirks, and every crime is solved.  I really like that in my fiction.  Real life has enough sadness and badness in it.

8 comments:

red said...

I quite agree. Happy endings for everyone!

Ulla said...

Lumpy models so nicely here with the blanket. The pattern is pretty.

Ulla said...

I meant to add that I watched Bones last night, a perfect program for a hand sewing or knitting project. There is enough romance to compensate the crimes.

knit1kids4 said...

Love the blanket and Lumpy makes a great model

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Lumpy goes well with the blanket. Very well done. We must be kindred spirits when it comes to the tv stuff - I don't like the crime shoes, either. Although I loved watching Monk, because it was so cute, sweet, and quirky. I've never seen Bones, because of course, I think "it's a crime show - not interested." LOL!!

Missus Wookie said...

I like it when things have tidy endings too and definitely don't want depressing stuff in my escapism!

Lynn said...

Lumpy looks so compfy! Gorgeous blanket.

Amanda said...

Great looking blanket! Must see Bones now that we have Netflix.