Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

All buttoned up

My communication skills need work.  I forget that most of you do not hear my voice when you read my blog.  You are, however, the sweetest, most encouraging readers I could ask for.

I never considered saving the buttons for a future project.  I am not a save-for-special-occasion sort of girl.  I'm a use-it-and-enjoy-it girl.  I just find it amusing how often I hear people speak of saving (rather than using) something as an heirloom, simply because nobody else had used it before them.

So the buttons are in place; the sweater is done; and, since the recipient is about the size of this bear, it has room for growth, which is good, as babies grow like wildflowers.

7 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

I think the bear looks sweet and the baby will look adorable. You can always make another sweater in a bigger size to use up the rest of the buttons ;)

knit1kids4 said...

Looks lovely!

Renee said...

It's BEAUTIFUL!

Kim said...

It looks great, I have only knitted one baby sweater in my life.. that was thirty years ago.. I should take a photo of that one... I just ran across it the other day .. I had saved it for my daughters dolls.

Amanda said...

Very pretty sweater! You are very good at this.

Roberta said...

Cute idea to put the lovely sweater on a bear.

Leslee said...

The recipent of this sweater is one lucky baby girl... Glad you used the buttons~