Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Bring Your Baby to Work Sweater

I knit this one for my new office mate.  Her mommy's maternity leave ends next week, and she'll be bringing her baby to work with her when she returns.  I'm looking forward to sweet baby snuggles. 

This was a very quick project:  two evenings and done.

I've been listening to The Three Musketeers on cd while knitting lately.  It's my book club's selection for the month.  I alternate reading it and listening to it.  What a fun read/listen, we're enjoying the fun Dumas' has at his characters' expense.

The pattern is available here.  I made a few changes, shortening the length but making it a bit fuller by adding a couple stitches and switching to bigger needles for the lace. 

9 comments:

Lynn said...

So pretty! And like your choice for the model. The Three Muskateers is a fun read. I believe they are making another movie of it too but the old one is quite good.

Amanda said...

beautiful sweater! I am sure the mommy will love it!

Kim said...

Oh This is a beautiful sweater.. I am expecting a new granddaughter in a month.. How long did it take you to knit this one ?

Kim said...

I looked at the pattern and the other sweater and what you did made a big differences.. thank you for your details.

Katia said...

Oh my, you did this in two evening? this is absolutely adorable!!! Beautiful work of your hands.

knit1kids4 said...

Must make this... thanks for the link!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Sure wish I could knit or crochet, just never could do it, now, have no problem with a paint brush or sewing..lol..My Sis is our knitter
Molly
PS beautiful job I know your friend will love it.

Leslee said...

Good heavens! This is lovely... Two evenings? How nice that your work allows little ones...

Missus Wookie said...

I'm so impressed that you got it done so quickly. It's so pretty :)