Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

365/42 Spider Monkey

I have seen three of the four types of monkeys that live in Costa Rica.  So far, the spider monkeys are my favorite.  I love their long legs, arms, and tail!  They've been the hardest to spot because they like to stay high up.  Since this is dry season, it is easier to see into the trees, but when they are on the move, they are just monkey shaped blurs.  We were lucky to catch this fellow napping in the late afternoon.  (I lightened the photo a bit to make it easier to see his face.  It was not that bright in the forest.)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I love this picture! You are so great getting these little guys.

Kristal said...

My boy would love to see that!

Tracy said...

Very cool!

Anita said...

What an experience, he looks like a cute spider monkey. Ramona would be in heaven seeing him on the move.

Missus Wookie said...

what does Lumpy think of all the monkeys?