I finished Elwood yesterday. He was inspired by the frog and a similar rabbit pattern by the same designer. "Inspired by" means I did not follow the pattern directions, except for the ears.
I cast on using Emily Ocher's method. Because I did not want to see the increases, as I did for Valentino, I spaced them out at different intervals. The body, head, and ears are knit as one unit, then the arms, legs, and tail knit separately and sewn in place. I liked the dangly legs of Valentino, and wanted long like that, but more substantial. The arms are unstuffed, but the legs are stuffed. I turned little short row heels to create feet, because rabbits need feet for hopping.
The tail, in the pattern that inspired me, was a pom-pom, which I don't like, so I made a twirly little ruffle for Elwood's tail. I call him a ruffle butt rabbit. He considers it a compliment.