Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Purly Jane and Knitogether

I began this purl heavy patttern while listening to the first Miss Marple, so I named it Purly Jane.  It's made in my favorite for blankets, Lion Pound of Love, in Antique White, which didn't photograph well today.  It's a creamy almost-yellow, very pretty, not pastel. 

Once again, the pattern, Estelle, is from my old standby, Quick Knit Keepsakes.  Another simple pattern, easy to knit and talk and watch tv.

Our church's new knitting ministry, Knitogether, had its first meeting on Sunday, and I was so pleased with the turnout  - nine ladies came!  (It's a small church.)  A few of those were people I did not know were knitters/crocheters.  We have both experienced and new crafters, too.  We'll be meeting once a month, for encouragement and guidance, and some months we'll go worship at the nursing home where the blankets will be gifted, instead of hanging out and knitting. 

This is our verse: 
Hebrews 10:23-25
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;  and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

4 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

I so love this idea. There is a crafty day held by one woman in our Meeting but it's a long way from us so I've never been. I hold a crafting monthly session next door but we don't tend to get knitters - maybe I should suggest it to people.

Patty Ann said...

Oh, I love this blanket, it is so pretty!! I am trying to teach myself to knit and crochett, it is not easy! Wish we had a group here that met like you do. I will check out that book and see if it is easy enough for a very beginner to understand.

Misty said...

I was just saying the other day how I would like to take up knitting. It looks intimidating to me but I think after I finish the blanket I am crocheting I may just give it a shot. http://throughaphotographerseyes.blogspot.com/

knit1kids4 said...

I wish I could be part of the group! Love the blanket!