Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

thoughts on: A Pocketful of Rye

A Pocket Full of Rye (Miss Marple Mysteries)A Pocket Full of Rye by Agatha Christie

I brought this to read on my plane ride home, but we had a flat tire last weekend, so I read it then.  I did not enjoy it as much as Murder at the Vicarage.  I preferred the first person narrative of the earlier book.  I also found the characters in Pocketful of Rye less likable in general.  It was, nonetheless, a pleasant way to while away an afternoon.

I expected Miss Marple to play a larger role in the book, but she did not appear until the middle, and then sparsely after that.  She did, of course, solve the case, which was more of a "How'd he do it" than a "Who done it." 

2 comments:

Patty Ann said...

I love many of the older Agatha Christie books. Don't remember if I have read this one! I suppose it is time for a trip to the library. Nothing like a good book to make me relax.

Missus Wookie said...

I must of read this - but remember the movie version most. You are tempting me to go borrow a bunch of books from my Dad.