Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentino

 I made Valentino back in January, but as he was a gift for St. Valentine's Day, I could not share him before he arrived at his destination.  He was such a fun little guy to knit.  The pattern, named Ribbit, is free, and available here.  

I love free patterns.  I do not merely mean that I love not paying for patterns, which is true.  I mean that I love the spirit of generosity which spurs many designers to share their creations freely on the web.

Here are Lumpy and Valentino before Valentino headed off cross country to - hopefully - bring a smile to a friend.

I used Lion Brand Woolease which I had left over from the Geek Beacon.  (A free charted motif!)  It took less than half a skein.  His body is stuffed with a tennis ball - unique!  I did modify the pattern a bit, knitting the body and head in one piece, instead of sewing the two together.

Valentino was my first knitted toy, and he really tickled me.  He sat on the mantle while waiting to be mailed, and I rather miss seeing him up there.

6 comments:

knit1kids4 said...

He's on my list to knit for an easter basket!

Kathy C. said...

Ahhh! I WANT that little guy too!!! HOW cute!!!

Anita said...

He's cue, makes me wish I could knit.

Kara said...

You are so good! Frogs are my favorite..

Missus Wookie said...

oh that is cute!

Kim said...

too cute... just love them