Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

365/98 They survived!

Muscari, otherwise known as grape hyacinths - I planted these last autumn, and it was such a warm fall, that they sprouted!  When the cold and snow killed the little shoots, I was not sure they'd bloom this year.  Being so lovably hardy, I knew the bulbs would come back next spring, but I was not expecting much of a show this year.  And here they are - looking fabulous.  I love having blues in my garden.  The yellows and pinks and reds all look brighter with blue nearby.

5 comments:

Flower Photography said...

How nice the colours!

The Reader said...

Oh, hooray!!! those are really pretty. And I love the photo below with the tulip and the blurry blues behind. Perfect shot!!

Kristal said...

Boy those kinda look like the weeds we have in the back yard. I wonder if they are not weeds!

Lynn said...

Very pretty. And I like how natural they appear.

Tracy said...

YEAH!