Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Blue Diamonds, blanket 8

This is the first time I've knit this pattern.  It is from Our Best Knit Baby Afghans.  It took a few rows of diamonds before I got the swing of it.  It's not a difficult pattern, I just seemed to have a mental block about one particular row.  Once I got past that, it moved along quickly.

Even so, this is not a favorite.  It doesn't lay as nicely as others, wanting to bunch, which keeps the diamonds from looking their best.  I think it would look better knit at a tighter gauge, on smaller needles.  It is worsted knit on tens.  I think eights would have given the fabric a better drape, but of course, it would not have been quite big enough for my purposes then.  Were I making it for a baby, though, I'd use smaller needles.

Light blue Lion Pound of Love this time.  Looking at my stack of completed blankets, half of them are a shade of blue.  Two are the exact same yarn, a denim blue, which I regret.  The next one will be purple.  I already have the yarn in the box beside me.  After that, I think I shall go pink or yellow to balance things out. 


2 comments:

Kristal said...

You knit some wonderful blankets!

Lynn said...

Lumpy is so lucky to try out all these blankets. They are all pretty, the ones you've posted.