Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

thoughts on: Home Staging that Works

Home Staging That Works: Sell Your Home in Less Time for More MoneyHome Staging That Works: Sell Your Home in Less Time for More Money by Starr C. Osborne

What sets this book apart from other staging guides, and many hgtv shows, is the insight that buyers are younger than sellers, and that you can market your house more effectively by knowing what appeals to that younger generation.  Simple and brilliant way of framing the issue.  I had never thought of staging in those terms before, but upon reading the first chapter, it was obvious to me who the potential buyers are in my neighborhood.

Starr Osborne does devote chapters to thorough cleaning and decluttering, but it is her knowledge of what the different generations are looking for in homes that makes the book worth reading.  She gives lists of dos and don'ts for outdoor spaces, paint choices, artwork, furnishings, and room usage.  Definitely, I will be implementing these ideas before I put my house on the market.

(I am not putting my house up for sale anytime soon.  At least, I have no plans to do so, but I would like to, so I enjoy reading and dreaming about it.)

2 comments:

Raymonde said...

So nice to stop by and catch up with your various posts.

Your birds are beautiful with wings.

Your book reviews are appealing.

The baby is gorgeous.

I am sorry your little cute dog is so poorly now.

And I see you are keeping busy with all manners of projects.

I hope you are all keeping well.

Thank you for visiting regularly and commenting. I appreciate it. Have a really good week.

Susan Seaman said...

Thanks for the tip. I just requested a copy from our library!