Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

365 Green Smoothie

I've been hearing people talk about green smoothies for years, all of them insisting that you don't taste the greens added to your fruit.  I decided last week to toss a couple handfuls of spinach in with my frozen mixed berries and milk.  Guess what?  You can too taste the spinach!  Now, admittedly, it is not an overwhelming taste of spinach, and I do like spinach, so the flavor is not bad, but it is present.  Have any of you tried green smoothies?  What did you think?  (I'm still adding the spinach, because it is good for me.)

4 comments:

Kristal said...

I go all the way green... spinach, banana and almond milk. Oh and a little bit of nestle quick {or whatever dry chocolate milk mix is called}. Delicious!

Missus Wookie said...

Princess swears you can taste the spinach and she does NOT like it - so no green smoothies for her. I've found baby spinach is fine, kale or full grown is just too strong tasting for me.

The Reader said...

Have not tried green smoothies yet. Unless you count avocado, which is popular as a smoothie here. ;-)

I'm wondering what the most masking fruit is to cover the greens?

MAAM said...

I make mine with romaine lettuce. My girls like it to actually still be green when they drink it. They like that taste. I think I know what I'm having for breakfast this morning. :)