Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

365 Japanese Planes

We were at the library when my husband spotted planes flying in formation nearby.  He told me they were three different kinds of Japanese planes, all flown in WW2.   We decided to drive to a better viewing location.

While driving, he asked me if I believed him that they were Japanese.  I told him I assumed he had studied the plane silhouette charts from WW2 as a child, so I did believe him.  He said I was right, he had studied those charts as a boy.

Later, he looked them up online, and learned that these were not authentic Japanese planes, but ones that were built for the film Tora, Tora, Tora in the 1970's.  They are accurate replicas of the airplanes used to bomb Pearl Harbour.
 I am really lucky my husband is so observant.  He is always spotting interesting things for us to see.  I am usually looking out the window, but daydreaming, and not really noticing a whole lot going on around me.  I didn't see the planes at all until he pointed them out, and there were eight of them.


3 comments:

The Reader said...

I love this post. Not just for the photos, which are really neat. Not just for the info on the planes, which is cool. But also and mainly for the appreciation you show of your husband, which is nice to see in this day & age. Really encouraging post.

Lynn said...

Yes, it is great to have someone to point things to us that we would not see otherwise. I like the shots especially the one of your husband on the tracks!

Missus Wookie said...

Your dh & my Wookie would have a lovely time discussing planes :sigh: So glad he spotted them and that you appreciated him doing so :)