Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Freezer Paper Stencil Success

This was my daughter's design.
Front
Pumpkin butt


My Craftastic friends came over this week.  Usually, we all work on our own projects, most of us knitting, but this time, we decorated onesies for the expectant mom among us.  We used the freezer paper stencil technique I'd seen on Pinterest (it was a complete Pinterest evening, both craft and snack).

You can find tutorials for freezer paper stencils all over blogdom, but the gist of it is that you cut a stencil out of freezer paper, iron the shiny side to the fabric, paint, let dry, remove, and voila!  sharp clean edges.

As you can see, it worked beautifully, even on the gauze diapers.

The most difficult part was cutting the stencils with an exacto knife.  Not that it was hard, but compared to ironing and painting, it was the most time consuming part of the process.

We had so much fun, and it was such an easy craft.  I think all of us are now trying to think of other things we can stencil.  One friend is planning to make t-shirt tote bags and stencil them.

I might do that, too.  Or have my daughter do it, as she can actually draw.  Maybe a Tardis Tote?  That would be fun! 

3 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

These are CUTE - neat idea.

Just discovered my blog reader had reverted to your old blog... so I thought you'd stopped but clicked on a comment to find out you've been writing and I've not been reading. Frustrating but means I have lots to catch up on now :)

Kristal said...

Too Cute!! Although I totally can't get my mind wrapped around the idea... I'll have to look it up.

The Reader said...

oh how cute!!! Love it. Great designs you guys made.