Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed?

This post is especially for my mom, who wishes I would post more about daily life.

Jeb does not sleep in bed with me.  Trixie does.  Jeb sleeps on the floor, half the night in the closet, half on top of my bedspread at the foot of the bed.  I only know this because he is always asleep in my closet when I put on my jammies and at the foot of the bed when I wake in the morning.  The thing is, Trixie and I have weaker bladders than Jeb, so we wake up pretty early, take care of that, then climb back into bed.

That is when Jeb climbs into my bed - while I am downstairs letting Trixie out.  Every morning, we come back upstairs to find him not only on the bed, but hogging MY pillow. Could he take up any more space? 

4 comments:

Lynn said...

How sweet! Jeb sounds like he is very patient, waiting for his turn for the whole bed!

The Reader said...

Awwww, so cute!

Our first dog -- a golden retriever -- did that when we brought her home. One night only and then we convinced her she was NOT allowed on the bed. Only she actually would lay her head right on the pillow.

Dogs are such funny creatures!

Missus Wookie said...

we never let dogs sleep on our beds, cats only during the day... they'd play around and keep us awake. But yep Guilty Party most definitely feels he needs the WHOLE bed :)

Kristal said...

If our dog was allowed upstairs {her toddlerhood won't allow it just yet} I am sure she would try to sleep with us. Our old dog thought he would like to sleep with us but he didn't like it when we moved so he slept on the floor.

I didn't know you had another dog!