Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Creamy Cable and Crowns makes an even ten.

The tenth  blanket is finished, and I think I will be stopping here.  As I mentioned last week, I have a few other projects needing to be done this fall.  If I finish those, and have time before Christmas, I may make another blanket, but if I stop at ten, I'll consider that good.  I do hope the recipients at the nursing home enjoy their lap blankets.
This pattern is Sunny Cables and Crowns from Our Best Knit Baby Afghans.  I used Lion Pound of Love in antique white, which never photographs as pretty as it is.  It is a very pale cream, barely yellow.  The photo on top, with Lumpy is more accurate, at least on my monitor.  

Because the cables only use four stitches, I easily crossed these without using a cable needle, which did keep things moving more quickly.  I do not like the way the top edge looks so loose.  Were I to knit this again, I would not follow the directions, but continue to decrease in pattern for the last few rows.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I am sure everyone at the nursing home will love these especially since your loving hands made them.

Kristal said...

That is a beautiful pattern! I've never cabled... some day...